Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wow, this is the second update in two days!

Today was a great day! I had a PICC line inserted this morning and the insertion was actually very quick and went well. It’s a 47 cm line that was inserted into my left (YAY!) arm and runs to the other side of my heart. It ends just above my heart.

After the PICC line was inserted, they wheeled me off to one of the Day Care Units to receive my chemo. That also went much quicker than it has in the past, probably because they didn’t have to poke and prod me to find a good vein. I started my chemo at about 11:30 and was finished by 1:30…only two hours!

I am also thankful because the PICC line has to be flushed and the dressing needs to be changed tomorrow, and once a week after that, but the nurse was nice to me and arranged for me to have that done in Barrhead. He said normally they wanted the first flush done at the CCI, but he sweet-talked them into letting me have it done in Barrhead.

So far I am feeling good, and I pray that that continues.

That’s all ‘till next time!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! The Lord is truely taking care of you! It shows!! What a great and wonderful God we have!!
    Thanks for the phone calls!! Love talking to you and I'm so happy everything is working out the way it is! Happy Dance! ;)
    Love you and take care!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so glad you can have that done in Barrhead.
    Glad to hear it went well, amazing God we have indeed!
    Continued prayers for positive results.

    ReplyDelete