Wednesday, March 17, 2010
The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse. Helen Keller
Well, another two days of appointments have been completed. Yesterday was blood work, which came back good, and a visit to my oncologist. She is still happy with the results of the chemo because the tumors are continuing to shrink. All praise an honour to God!
Today I had my last round of this type of chemo. Yay…I’m halfway through my chemo now! There were no problems with receiving my chemo today.
I did have a resource nurse visit me because after my PICC line was put in I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive they had put on my arm to tape it all down. She wanted to see my PICC line and take pictures of it for a study she is doing…the pictures would go national, so my arm would be famous!!! The pictures didn’t happen because it was only an adhesive reaction and had nothing to do with the PICC line, so I guess my arm won’t be famous…that’s probably a good thing!
In Barrhead they found another adhesive that I don’t react to, so that’s what they used today too.
Next week I have two appointments besides my PICC line flush…A CT scan on March 23 so the oncologist has a better picture of how I am progressing..I probably won’t receive the results of that until my next oncologist appointment. She will schedule another one after my chemo is complete as well. On March 25 I also have a consultation with a radiologist to talk about the radiation I will receive.
My next oncologist appointment is on April 9 and my next chemo appointment is on April 12.
That’s all for now!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

excellent news
ReplyDeleteHallo Evelyn,
ReplyDeleteWhat good news, you are doing great.
We wish you and Marvin patience, and the Lord's care.
Love,
Aunt Martha.
Glad to hear you're half way -- progress!!
ReplyDeleteBTW -- can tell you're related to my mom -- often has trouble when it comes to getting an IV put in ... also allergies to some of the tapes and bandaids!! :-)
Hetty
Hope your oncologist appt. this week goes okay. Thinking and praying for you and Marvin! Sorry I haven't kept as much in touch since I don't have my own computer now. 1/2 way already....although probably much too slow for you, hey? {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteRose B.