“The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17
I had my blood work done yesterday, and it came back good, so I had my second chemo treatment today….more about that later.
I also had an exam done by my oncologist yesterday. The news was great! My tumors have shrunk! When she first checked the tumors, she figured they were about 4 cm each. She checked them again yesterday, and figured they are only about 2 cm (if that!) She was very happy with that, and so were we! The chemo is doing what it is supposed to do! The plan remains the same….7 more rounds of chemo. Praise the Lord!
Today was my second round of chemo. It took the nurses about a hour of poking and prodding to get an ‘adequate’ vein this time. The nurse I had last time told me I had good veins, so I’m not sure what happened. Once the IV was in, I was again given the anti-nausea medication, and then the three drugs. So far, I feel fine, just a little tired.
My next appointment is February 23rd for blood work and another exam, and February 24th for chemo.
‘Till next time…..
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Marvin and Evelyn...YES, YES, YES!!!! Praise the Lord indeed :) We are so thankful that the chemo is doing it's job. What a blessing. Even though there are side effects, it is great that the desired outcome is AWESOME!!!! I meant to ask you on Monday night about this coming week for you, but facemasks and embarrassing stories sidetracked me:) We hope that this round of chemo continues to shrink those tumours and that the side effects continue to be minimal. We will continue to keep you both in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteMatthew and Kerry :)
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMom told me this morning...as if my good day couldn't get any better she sprung this on me! I was floating all day because of it! :)
So glad you're doing so well, but sad I missed your call tonight! :(
Have a good sleep and talk to you soon!
Good news!
ReplyDeletere: veins -- I've had that before when my body was under stress ... and I know my mom has had that many times -- have never seen so many bruises as after nurses have poked & prodded her to get an IV in!!
Wishing you all the best -- thanks for the updates!
Hetty
Glad to hear good news and that the meds are doing their work! Try to take it easy. We continue to pray for you!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Rose & Wes
Josiah, Julie, Emeline, Bethany
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA that is fantastic news to wake up to this morning Evelyn!! We pray that the shrinkage continues and you recover fully. Woot!
ReplyDeleteThat's so wesome, Evelyn!!! You and Marvin must be so excited! Makes the nasty side effects all worth it to have such good results right away!
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray for you and Marvin, and we Praise Him for such great results!
Bert and Darlene
FANTASTIC!!!! I almost yelled it real loud. God most certainly hears our cries and listens with attentive ears. GOD IS GOOD. And who better then to put all our trust and love in. May our prayers continue to be heard and answered.We continue to put you and Marvin in our prayers. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteAdrian and Jacqueline and family.
We also were very excited to hear the great news Marvin and Evelyn. Praise be the Lord!!
ReplyDelete