Thursday, January 28, 2010

Well, its official….Hair today, gone tomorrow! My hair started falling out on Monday. Yesterday, when I had a shower I lost so much, I didn’t dare wash it today. Tonight I started shaving it off. Marvin finished shaving it for me…he didn’t want to, but he did it! My hair is now officially shorter than his. I didn’t think that would ever happen! Be careful what you wish for…I have said a number of times, I wish I could get away with being bald…it would be so much easier, well, now I am pretty much bald…this wasn’t really the way I wanted to become bald though!

I had a good week this week. I even worked all week. Boy did that feel good! Next week I have two more appointments…Tuesday for blood work and an exam, and Wednesday, if my blood counts are good, another chemo treatment.

Now it’s time to jump in the shower and get rid of all this loose hair! At least I won’t have to blow dry my hair before going to bed! Have a great night!

11 comments:

  1. I honestly laughed out loud at the blow drying your hair before bed! :P
    I'm glad you're taking this all so well and with such humour.
    Like I told you tonight, we're praying for you and so are the kids!
    Love you lots.
    Laura
    ps. Sleep well tonight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing grace...
    that's what I felt after reading your update...
    Oh how I have wished those thoughts too with my mowhawk morning hairdo...so perhaps I should reconsider?? Perhaps we'll have to do a kercheif party :)
    In our thoughts and prayers♥ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it!!! I look forward to seeing your new hairdo tonight. And I WILL shave mine if you want company in the bald department, I'm more than willing.
    It was AWESOME to have you at work this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, sweetie! That must have been traumatic in a way, but I am glad to hear you look at the bright side of it all with the blowdry remark :).

    Praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I read this I had tears in my eyes. I can see that you are strong in this all and I thank God everyday that He is with you and Marvin as you continue to go through this time of your life. Many times I thought the same thing about my hair. You are an inspiration to us all as we read what you are dealing with and going through. Thanks for teaching us the value of life through your story. May God continue to strengthen you and Marvin. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you worked all week, must feel good to be out and about with your regular activities. Too bad about your hair, might do that again to support you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so everyone knows Evelyn looks FANTASTIC with her new hairdo! It's a very flattering colour and style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that you posted - love to read the updates, I have checked back here almost every day hoping to hear how things are going.

    Prayers for continued strength as you go through this journey....and healing prayers as well.

    *hugs*
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ev, Felicity thinks your hair looks pretty! :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Evelyn
    So you made it you finally surpassed me. I knew I was going bald over time but you sure did it in a hurry. I have one consolation, you will never catch up in age.
    Well enough of idle chatter.
    We pray that your next chemo session will leave you without any ill effects.
    Love you
    Mom and Dad.

    13 Consider what God has done:
    Who can straighten
    what he has made crooked?

    14 When times are good, be happy;
    but when times are bad, consider:
    God has made the one
    as well as the other.
    Therefore, a man cannot discover
    anything about his future.
    Ecclesiastes 7: 13, 14

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Evelyn,
    So glad to hear that you are in such a good frame of mind considering what you are going through. Sad to hear about your hair but yeah now you don't need to blow dry it! lol Continuing to pray for you and may you and Marvin both look to our Heavenly Father for the strength that you need to face every day. Take care and look forward to seeing you in March.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete