As promised, here is an update.
On Monday morning I had my first treatment at the CCI consisting of two anti-nausea drugs and three chemo drugs. It went well, and I felt fine during the treatment. The treatment took about four and a half hours to complete. The nurse was very informative explaining exactly what she was doing the whole time and what side effects each drug has.
With thanksgiving to God, I can say that so far I have been feeling fine. The 2 prescribed anti-nausea medications seem to be do the trick so far. I am on them for three days, after that I have another prescribed anti-nausea medication to take only if I need it. The only problem I have had is heartburn, caused by one of the anti-nausea medications for which I can take an antacid and this seems to have alleviated that problem.
That's about all I have to report at this time.

Evelyn,
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy to hear that you are feeling fairly well! It is great to be able to read how you are doing and encourage you in this way. You and Marvin are in our daily prayers for strength and healing. God never gives us more than we can bare, and its wonderful to be able to lean on Him. Your positive thinking and outlook is a testimony to us all of God's faithfulness.
Sincerely, Rob and Jodi and kids
So thankful to hear that Ev, it was great to see you at school on Tuesday for a little bit. I pray that the treatment does what we hope it will do and you'll be back in our midst soon enough :-)
ReplyDeleteWho else do I get to talk to the way we do??!!??
We are thankful that you're feeling well after the treatment. 1 down, 7 to go.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for complete healing.
Ed & Joanne and kids
Good to hear that so far you are feeeling good. We are thankful to God that these medical interventions where placed here on earth. Thanks for keeping us upto date.
ReplyDeleteAdrian and Jacqueline and kids.
Good to hear that the anti-nausea drugs are helping. Hope this keeps up! Love you lots! We continue to pray!
ReplyDeleteRose & Wes
You don't know me, but we do have several acquaintances in common. My husband's last year was much like what you are undergoing now (http://johnsmedicalupdates.blogspot.com) so I will pray that you do better than he did and the medical community is successful on your behalf. God hears our prayers and answers according to His good will. Best wishes.
ReplyDelete