Thursday, October 07, 2010
“Everything is possible for him who believes.” Mark 9:23b
Yahoo! My treatments are complete! It’s been a long road and even though I am finished with my treatments this journey isn’t over yet. My body needs time to heal from all the abuse it’s had to put up with in the last year, and my energy levels need to increase back to what they were. This will all take time.
I am somewhat burnt now, and it can get worse for the next 10 days or so. I have some areas that are starting to peel as well. I was told to take ibuprofen for the pain and that does help somewhat, but I feel like I am living on it right now. Also, because the area that was radiated is much warmer than the rest of my body, my body doesn’t know how to regulate its temperature. One moment I am shivering, and the next I am sweating.
I have a follow up appointment with my surgeon on the 28th of this month, and a follow up appointment at the Cross Cancer Institute in April of next year. They will also schedule me for a mammogram that day.
Praise be to God for caring for me throughout this journey. And thanks to everyone for all the support given. Your prayers have been and will continue to be greatly appreciated!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad for you that you are finished with those treatments. May you continue to find your strength from the Great Physician.
ReplyDeleteah what a relief hey? Hoping you gain your strength back quickly and that your foot HEALS too ;-)
ReplyDeletePraying for your strength and energy to come back! Wishing you patience, peace, and healing! Love you and we wish you and Marvin a wonderful laid-back Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful that you have reached the end of your treatments and that God has strengthend you and been near to you all this time. Wishing you continued healing as your recovery. All the best with your foot as well. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
ReplyDelete