Thursday. August 19, 2010
“I will praise you as long as I live and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.” Psalm 63:4 & 5
Whoa! I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since my last update.
Since my surgery, I have experienced some pain. When I last updated my blog, the pain wasn’t that bad because my nerves were damaged by the surgery. I now have some feeling back, but I still have numb places too.
Today I had a consult with a Radiation Oncologist, and was scheduled to receive my first radiation treatment. I also had to attend a radiation teaching session.
The Radiation Oncologist told me what the pathology report said. From what I understood, the breast still had cancer cells in it, but the largest cell they could find was 2 mm. I had 18 lymph nodes removed from under my arm as well. Four of the lymph nodes were clear of cancer cells. The other 14 had cancer cells that the chemo killed. Praise God for His healing power!
I didn’t have my first radiation treatment today because I have developed an infection that re-opened part of my incision. The oncologist said that if he started the treatments today, the incision wouldn’t close, so my radiation has been delayed for a week. I am scheduled to go back on the 26th and he will check the incision and decide if I can start radiation then.
I have to go and see my surgeon for a follow-up tomorrow morning.
That’s all I have for now.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We pray that the infection goes away and that next week the radiation starts. We are thankful that chemo killed so much of the cancer, but we pray that you may not feel discouraged by the remaining cancer cells. May the Lord bless those radiation treatments! Hugs to you! Love you so much!
ReplyDeleteI second what Rose said. We pray the radiation takes care of whatever cancer cells there may still be. I'll be in touch with you next week about driving etc.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a journey you've had so far, and through it all, God has continued to look after you and Marvin. It's even encouraging for me to look at your blog and see that you start your posts with words from Him. We pray that your faith will continue to be strong in God and that you will have complete healing in His time.
ReplyDeleteArd, Deanna, and Damaris.