Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday, June 10, 2010

“Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”” Psalm 16:1 & 2

I guess it’s about time for another update. After my chemo on May 13th, I had about 5 days that I wasn’t feeling great … nausea, fatigue, and sore bones. Apparently, the sore bones are from the needle I have to give myself to boost my white blood cell count, more than the chemo itself. It works in the bone marrow. I can take Tylenol for the sore bones, and it does make me a little more comfortable. As far as the nausea is concerned, I do have an anti-nausea medication (which I forgot about last time) that I can take in addition to what I am taking already. I had used this medication after my first round of chemo, and found that it didn’t really make a difference. Because I am on a different drug now, the nurse said it should help…we’ll see!

My lab appointment and exam on Friday went well. Nothing new to really report there. My chemo on Monday (yes, they moved the chemo to the next working day) also went well. So far I am feeling ok, but am expecting the next few days to be about the same as last time, hopefully not quite as bad!

I have a consult appointment booked with my surgeon on June 18th, and if everything goes the way it’s planned, he expects to do surgery during the week of July 19th.

My last chemo (Yay!!) is scheduled for the 28th of June, and of course I have a lab appointment and exam the previous working day, June. 25th.

‘Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Evelyn! Sterkte! I definitely will be thinking about you on June 28th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need a ride for your chemo treatment, I'd love to take you :-)
    SO glad it's coming to an end (at least the chemo part) praying that surgery will be soon and recovery will be quick.

    ReplyDelete